It's coming home, but went to Rome⚽️๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น

July 12, 2021 

Temple trip with a new convert in the Preston ward named Syam. He was baptised for his grandpa and great-grandpa ♡♡♡


Hi everyone!

Time is flying way, way too fast here in England. This week I hit 5 months since I stated my mission!!! Every day feels so precious as a missionary.

Sister Monson and I have been focusing a lot on social media finding this week because we are now working on facebook AND instagram! (You can follow me @abby.bowler๐Ÿ˜) If you know me, you know that social media is not really my jam, but Sister Monson is encouraging me to become an instagram queen๐Ÿ’‍♀️๐Ÿ‘‘ This week we were able to find three new friends through facebook and had great lessons with each of them! I'm always amazed when complete strangers open up to us and share how they're searching for greater purpose, something to believe in or something to hope for. I truly believe it's evidence that this is the Lord's work.

This week we've also been trying to help our friend Eleazar gain a testimony of the Book of Mormon. He's been reading the chapters we give him and also attended zoom church this Sunday!!! We got a little nervous when an (adorable) old lady gave a 30 minute talk hahaha but he still loved it! We're hoping our ward will go back in person soon so he can take the sacrament.๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™ 

A huge highlight of the week was zone conference, which included a church history tour! Our guide was a member from Chorley who works as a professional tour guide, so it was top notch.๐Ÿ˜Ž We visited a few sites in Preston including the market square, the River Ribble, 15 Wadham Road and the flat that Heber C. Kimball and the other first missionaries lived in when they first came to England in 1837. From Preston we made our way to the village of Downham, which is one of the villages where Heber C. Kimball baptised hundreds of people who then gathered with the saints in America to strengthen the Church. I have so much love and respect for those saints who left behind everything to follow the Lord. 

Almost 200 years later, I feel blessed to be sharing the same message that prompted those people to leave their homes and follow the Lord with faith. Our message about Jesus Christ is still just as important, just as powerful and just as life-changing as it was 200 years ago. I know that God lives! He is our Heavenly Father and has a plan for every single one of us.

Sorry this was a long one, but if you made it this far you're my hero!! Keep choosing faith!! Sending alllll my love ❤

Cheers,
Sister Bowler 
Pic from an AMAZING hike at Ingleton Falls! 


Okay there was an ive cream truck MID HIKE ON THE TRAIL. Experience of a lifetime

Plaque about the first missionaries in England in Avenham Park!

Me and Sis Monson at the "missionary oak", a tree dedicated to missionaries in England past, present and future :)


Me and Sis Monson at 15 Wadham Road 

Downham. The single cutest village I've ever seen.

Hiking crew, including our guide Brother Holden. Best man ever.

Comments

Popular Posts