Doing good

 


June 14, 2021

Hiya family and friends!


I hope you've had a great week. It's been a sunny week here in Chorley with lots of ups and downs! 

Some ups:
- Michelle joined church again and a member was able to join a lesson with her about the Atonement of Jesus Christ!
- We met with a woman named Caroline after finding her number on our phone and randomly giving her a call! She's from France and she's so cool.
- We finally met with this member named Lynn Marie who has been telling us for WEEKS that she has a bottle of aloe vera gel to give us haha.
- We did some service for a member and walked her dog in the park which was so fun!
- We got a referral through our mission Facebook page - a girl names Kate wants to meet with us this week! 

Some downs:
Our friend Sam who was planning to come to church didn't come in the end 
- Contact with Sharon has not been good and her baptism is less than a week away.

We're worried about Sharon, but as you can see, the good definitely outweighs the bad! Last week my dad reminded me that during His life Jesus "went about doing good," and today in sacrament meeting a woman shared something that her grandmother used to say: "You can't do everything for everyone everywhere, but you can do something for someone somewhere." Things don't always go according to plan, but I find comfort in knowing that God is pleased if I can do some good in the lives of those around me. If nothing else, I know that I did some good for the other missionaries in my district this week... I made them my mom's chocolate chip cookies and oh man, they were SO good! I was so proud of myself haha. 

Anyways I love you all so much and I'm so grateful for all the good you do! ♡

Choose faith and have an amazing week!!!

Cheers,
Sister Bowler 

The most hilarious dog

4 months already!


Comments

Popular Posts