Truth Will Prevail

Blue skies!


June 22, 2021

Hi family and friends!


I hope you've had a wonderful week! We got transfer news last night and... I'm leaving Chorley!😱🥺 I can't believe it. I was so sure that I was staying because I've only been here for about eight weeks. I even assured many members and friends that I wasn't going anywhere 😂 Lesson learned - never assume you know the transfer plans.

This past week was really good. First of all, we got to go to the temple again! I love, love, love to be in the temple. Afterwards the senior couples took us to lunch AND ice cream! It's funny how little things like that make you feel SO spoiled in the mission haha! We also got to know the most amazing member who told us her story of being the only one in her family to join the church at age 12. England is full of amazing converts to the church just like Sister Merrick! They get baptised and then they remain the most rock-solid members. I've learned so much serving among the people of Chorley (pronounced Chor-leh), and it will always have a special place in my heart. ❤

Crazy experience of the week: Sister Kis and I got Bible bashed SO hard. We set an appointment to meet with a woman who reached out through the Facebook page, and we were really excited, but about two minutes in to our conversation I realized that she was definitely not interested in our message. I have never heard someone speak about my beliefs the way she did, and although I was a bit shaken, so many good things came of the experience...
1. I had the opportunity to defend Christ and the Book of Mormon
2. Sister Kis and I bonded over it haha
3. Her arguments about salvation only increased my feelings of gratitude for the Plan of Salvation...

I'm so grateful to know that because of Jesus Christ, death is not the end. We will continue to be given opportunities to progress, and we can be united with our families forever. To me, this is the most precious truth, and nothing anyone says can change that. After all, truth will prevail!

I love you all so much ♡ Keep choosing faith!

Cheers,

Sister Bowler 
After a long day of walking Sis Kis and I thought about driving away in these!

I'm so grateful to be able to attend the temple so often

A cool building in Chorley


Comments

Popular Posts