South of the Ribble

 June 28, 2021

A stream that meets up with the River Ribble


Hi everyone!


Hope you're all doing well! It's been a crazy week! Wednesday morning Sister Kis and I sent as many goodbye messages as we could to members and friends in Chorley and then headed off to our new areas. My new neighborhood in South Ribble is adorable and I already love Sister Monson, my new companion!! For the first few days we were also with Sister Young because she was waiting for her new companion to arrive, and it was a partyyy! 

On Friday we went to pick up the new sister from the mission office. I can't believe it's been almost three months since I was in her shoes! I've come a long way since then, but I know I still have a very long ways to go. I'm just trying to become a little bit better each day and put 100% of my trust in the Lord.

This week we had a first lesson with a man named Ryan and he is an absolutely miracle. He shared how he's been in a really dark place since his mom died and is trying to understand where she is and what the purpose of life is. (His words, not mine!!) It was a powerful experice to share the Plan of Salvation and see how much it clarified things for him. He is already eager to read the Book of Mormon and go to church on Sundays!! I'm realizing that these are the types of people that make the whole mission worth it. Ryan was especially touched by a video of a recent convert here in England named Jonjoe... he has one of the most powerful testimonies I've ever heard. Here is the video, it's definitely worth the watch!!๐Ÿ‘‡

Also, side note-- both Sister Monson and I are pretty lost when it comes to cooking, and it's been hilarious. Every time we go to make a meal we probably stare at the fridge for ten minutes before we figure out what to make haha. So if you have and good (and easy) recipes, feel free to send them our way!๐Ÿ˜… 

I hope you all have a wonderful week! Keep choosing faith.

Lots of love,

Sister Bowler 

Last night in Astley Park with my favorite Hungarian haha❤❤ 


I had to throw away Fro, my giant green onion plant 

HIGHLIGHT OF MY WEEK! Sister Peery in real life in England!!!! ❤❤❤


Sunset view from our flat



Comments

Popular Posts